The BRRC Hall of Fame was established in 1999 to honor extraordinary contributions to our club and our running community. Hall of Fame members must have been BRRC members for a minimum of 5 years. Hall of Fame members will be elected by the selection committee, made up of the Hall of Fame members and the 4 current BRRC officers; with the election condition for a minimum of 8 voters and a 2/3 majority required. Hall of fame elections will occur at the discretion of the selection committee, no more than once a year, and may elect up to 3 new members each year.
While the election team has sole ownership to select Hall of Fame members, the club is committed to a balanced membership that is without bias by gender or other representation in any way. Most importantly, consideration will be favored to candidates that have one or more of the following contributions:
- Club member for at least 5 years
- A Champion for BRRC in the greater running community
- Educating, coaching, mentoring, or motivating
- Selfless serving of time and energies for BRRC; examples are administrating, race directing, volunteering, cheering
- A superior competitive running career
- Extraordinary achievements in running that may include longevity, astonishing achievements, success over adversity, or a leadership distinction
NOMINATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Nominations can be submitted by any club member to any current BRRC officer. The selection committee will meet once per year to consider nominations.
John Roemer III
Bailey St. Clair
John Roemer IV