- This event has passed.
BRRC Waterstop at the Baltimore Running Festival
October 20 @ 6:30 am - 11:30 am
Location: mile 9.5 on the full marathon course (Key Highway just north of Cross St)
Parking: surface lot (dirt) at water stop, must get there before roads are closed
We still have opportunities to sign up!: https://runsignup.com/Race/Volunteer/MD/Baltimore/TheBaltimoreRunningFestival
Select: Water Stop 5 @ Mile 9.5
What we do:
Set up tables (about 8 or 10 total) w thousands (really) of cups of water and Gatorade, this all has to be done by 7:30 this year so we are ready for the 5k runners, hence the early start, plus the group photo : ). Then we hand them out, then clean up.
What to expect:
- Lots of fun and happy runners as you hand off water and shout encouragement
- A hoarse voice after (all that encouragement you are offering the runners)
- Variable weather – cold when we start, often warms on nice weather days
- You will get Gatorade & water on you at some point
- A post race brunch/lunch at a nearby restaurant if you can stay, as a thank you from BRRC!