George is one of our most recognized and accomplished club runners. He began competing in his early 50’s and continues his love for this sport today at the age of 87! He is a familiar face at so many of our races and in the surrounding metropolitan area.
- George is a decorated BRRC running veteran having accrued such honors as the Senior Masters awards for many years running from 2013 through 2017.
- He has placed consistently as the BRRC GPS winner over many years.
- He has competed at all distances from track sprints in our BRRC Summer Track Series to 5 K’s, 8 K’s, 10 K’s, and up through the marathon distance.
- His 10 mile races have included the Army 10 Mile, Cherry Blossom 10 Mile and Annapolis 10 Mile.
- He has run 26 Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Races and walked away with 1st place honors for his age in 12 of them and 7 second place finishes!
- His Annapolis 10 Mile races have landed him in the winner’s circle many times. At age 85, his finishing time was 1:33.54.
- Half marathons included many Rock and Roll Half marathons around the country from East Coast to West with notable finishes.
- To his credit are the following marathons:
- Athens Marathon in Greece, his homeland, which runs the original course.
- Philadelphia, New York City, Marine Corps—where he clocked a 3:11:57 at age 61 AND
- 5 Boston Marathons––his best time being 3:15.08 at age 56.
- George has volunteered at club races and, (along with his wife, Zoe), hosted our Master’s 10K brunch for many years at his home.
George is a retired Neurologist, who along with his physician wife, Zoe, share their time travelling home to Greece and Canada, and stateside to visit children and grandchildren. Expect to see George continue to showcase his running.