BRRC Half Marathon Training Program
Registration in now open! Click here to register.
Goals and Purpose of Program: The Half Marathon Training Program Group is designed for runners that have some running experience and are looking to participate in Fall races ranging from10K to the half marathon distance.
The program will safely guide runners through an organized training schedule with the goal of improving their endurance, strength and speed.
Under the leadership of experienced and RRCA certified coaches, runners will be introduced to topics such as proper running techniques, pacing, developing a race strategy, speed work, hydration, dynamic and static stretching, etc.
Prerequisites: Participants interested in the BRRC ½ marathon Training Program should have, at a minimum, some experience running (or run/walking) races that are 5K and/or 10K in length and used to running 3+ days per week.
Workouts: A 14-week schedule will be provided to all participants.
Dates: August 20, 2018 – November 24, 2018 (14 Weeks)
Location: The group will meet twice a week on Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Tuesday evening – Speed Training – Delaney High School Track – 255 E Padonia Rd, Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093
- Time: Arrival and warm-up from 6:30 to 7:00 – Workout starts promptly at 7:00pm
- Saturday morning – Location will alternate between the following locations
- Loch Raven Reservoir (LRR) –Morgan Mill Road & Loch Raven Drive
- NCR Trail –Sparks Nature Center (SNC)39°32’22.8″N 76°38’17.7″W
- Time: All workouts start promptly at 7:00am
(Note: Saturday morning will switch to 8AM start when Daylight saving time ends at 2:00 AM on Sunday November 4th)
Target Race: November 24, 2018 – BRRC NCR Marathon and Half Marathon http://www.ncrtrailmarathon.com/
This training will focus on the Half Marathon.
Soon after you sign up for the training you will receive a code for $10 off the race registration!
- Buddy Weber, RRCA certified coach
- Ken Furman, RRCA certified coach
Registration is open now at thedriven!
Need more information?