Race Day: Sunday, July 21, 2019, 8 a.m.
Lake Montebello, Baltimore, MD
Registration now open! Register here!
Calling all ladies—walkers and runners!! This training specifically targets the BRRC Women’s Distance Festival 5k race on Sunday, July 21, 2019. The theme for this year’s race is Christmas in July. So as you train, put together your best costume for race day to compete for a prize! Hop on board, train for this 5k and perhaps continue training with BRRC in the fall for other upcoming races! We will have fun on the run! Sorry fellas, this training is for women only, as the target race is for women only. But we welcome men to volunteer!
Goals and Purposes:
This program is best suited for
- Ladies who want to train to participate in the Women’s Distance Festival on Sunday, July 21, 2019
- Ladies who want to complete their first 5k—walking or running
- Ladies who have completed a 5k but may want to improve their time
- Ladies who are returning from a hiatus due to injury or other reasons but want a structured training program
- Ladies who like being part of a training group—we will forge relationships, build bonds and encourage each other throughout the training
With experienced coaches, trainees will also learn about various important topics related to running such as proper running form, pacing, hill strategy, track work, hydration, stretching, gear, etc.
This is a 10-week training program.
- Schedules will be provided to all participants.
- We will meet together as a group twice a week for workouts and participants are expected to do one workout per week on their own.
- Locations will be posted every week on Facebook.
- On Tuesdays, the workout will be in the Lake Montebello area. We will meet at the Montebello Elementary/Middle School parking lot at 2040 E 32nd St, Baltimore, MD 21218, but the workout will not always be around the Lake. We will meet at 6:30 p.m.
- On Thursdays, the location will alternate with Goucher College, meeting at the visitor’s parking lot near the main entrance (1021 Dulaney Valley Road, Towson). We will meet at the visitor’s parking lot, run up to the track for the workout and return back to the parking lot. The other locations are TBD–meeting at 6:30 p.m.
- As an option for the weekend workout, BRRC’s half marathon training group and other Club members run at Loch Raven Reservoir on Saturday mornings starting at 7 a.m. 5k runners are welcome to run there, on your own. (Morgan Mill Road & Loch Raven Drive). Water will be provided.
Dates: Tuesday, 5/12/19 through Thursday, 7/18/19
Coaches: *Deb Harper, *Bev Byron, *Crystal Corporal
Contact: Baltimore Road Runners Club Training Programs
There is no cost to this program, but BRRC membership is required. To join BRRC, click here.